- This CPR class is ideal for new parents, grandparents, babysitters, and anyone interested in learning the basics of cardiopulmonary resuscitation, choking interventions, baby-proofing your house, and other preventative safety practices to follow with an infant or toddler.
- This course begins with a discussion of the purpose and steps of CPR and the circumstances where it may be required, followed by a demonstration of the skills.
- The instructor will guide you with a hands-on demonstration of CPR (feedback and critique will be provided until the student feels comfortable with the process). Students will also be taught the basics of airway obstruction and instruction on how to clear the obstruction. She will reinforce your new skill sets by introducing different scenarios in which a caregiver may find themselves.
- After the CPR portion, the instructor will provide an essential review of safe practices in and out of the home to lower the risk of common accidents.
- The class is 75 minutes long followed by Q&As
There is ample time for questions both during and after class.
About The Instructor:
Cami has been a Registered Nurse at our local Mission Hospital for 7 years and is a mother of two young children herself. She believes in empowerment through knowledge, and she looks forward to teaching you these life saving skills.